Tuesday 14 October 2008

full moon antics

Is anyone else out there feeling the effects of this full moon? I'm getting myself in a right old pickle and feel incredibly emotional to boot. At 3 minutes past eight tonight the glorious silver orb in the sky is at her fullest and boy, is she having fun this cycle in a fiery, vibrant Aries manner. 
Rebirth and new beginnings
As Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, this moon is about rebirth and new beginnings, so it's a wonderful time to start new projects and to let go of old hurts, feelings and beliefs that no longer serve us. We can embrace the fire aspect by having a fire ritual to release the old and welcome in the new. I am going to write a list of things that I am ready to release and burn them in a candle later on tonight. I am also going to focus on my own inner fire during my yoga class tonight and then continue to kindle it through creative projects in the coming weeks. Of course, Aries also signifies playfulness, fun and joy so there is much to be said for enjoying and celebrating the lighter side of our nature around this time.
Warrior spirit
Perhaps the emotional turmoil that I recognise in myself and others right now is due in part to the Aries connection with our warrior spirit, the raw animal nature in each and every one of us. The warrior is a powerful force, who needs the balance of the playful child on his shoulders to temper the raw and almost blind strength and force. 
Affirmations
Starweaver, who created the beautiful full moon image for this post, has a suggestion for a ritual that can be held tonight to honour each person's uniqueness, incorporating the following affirmations:
I am unique.
I act from my own centre. My will is pure and strong. I stride forward toward my future.
Meanwhile, the lovely Mrs Green shares her insights on this full moon and a meditation over at Little Green Blog, focusing on healing and releasing blocked anger. 
Bright blessings and a magical full moon to all, especially all you other lunar bunnies who are feeling a little shaky!

2 comments:

rae-ann said...

If I were to say that my head is P-O-U-N-D-I-N-G, I'm sure you could relate.

I love the affirmations you shared; thank you.

Hoping we all feel more grounded tomorrow :D Enjoy your fire ritual this evening,

Rae x

Melissa Corkhill said...

Oh Rae, sorry to hear that you were suffering yesterday. I hope that you got some nurturing time to yourself and that you are feeling much better today. It certainly feels as though some of the weightiness has been lifted.
Blessings,
Melissa