Monday 4 August 2008

fridge news

So I pulled the note right out of the door with no trouble whatsoever. Yep, my energy efficient A rated fridge (with a little icebox at the top - my children are deprived of ice cream and burgers and all other frozen stuff) that I only bought several years ago is not so clean and green after all. I have emailed the manufacturers and the place I got it (Currys - whisper) to find out whether I need to replace the seals or they need to buck their ideas up. 
Apparently the coils have been recently dusted by the man of the house and I have yet to stuff the ice box with paper but will do so tomorrow to reduce energy needed to keep it cool in there. As for finding a cool spot for my fridge it already sits in the best (and only) possible space, temperature -wise. And I promise not to leave the fridge door open, staring at the contents, desperately hoping for a wisp of inspiration when 6 o clock rolls around. Anyone else up for this sorting-your-fridge-out mission? The first step in taking positive action to reduce your family's carbon emissions. It'll be fun, I promise!   

No comments: