Tuesday 1 July 2008

Serious savings!

Well, I finished the report on How Green Parents Can Save Money last night and guess what? I worked out that in your baby's first year you can save £3000! And I have only focussed on those areas that are relevant to parents with new babies so haven't taken into account the money that could be saved by holidaying in the UK, making your own clothes or buying secondhand, managing an allotment etc. So theoretically as a green family you could save even more. I will upload the whole report onto the website in the next week or so.
Today in the office we have been torn between the gorgeous outdoors and the exciting prospect of planning the next edition of the magazine.

2 comments:

GreenMummy said...

Hi Melissa

Have you seen 'Save cash & save the planet'? Plenty of tips for green parents, including organic foods, real nappies, toys, etc:

http://www.foe.co.uk/living/articles/save_cash_save_the_planet.html

Plus you might like this extract from the book:
http://www.foe.co.uk/living/articles/clean_house.html

Melissa Corkhill said...

Hi Green Mummy,

I have read extracts from it on the FoE website but not actually seen the book. It looks good. Do you have it? And if so, would you recommend it? I am aware that sometimes books like these state the blooming obvious, though I wouldn't expect that from FoE.

Thanks for the tip!

Melissa