Thursday 18 September 2008

a beautiful start

I try to take a walk every morning as it really sets me up for the day ahead. If I have managed an hour of solitude striding through the gorgeous Sussex countryside I know I am going to be more productive at work, more effective at home and a calmer, more playful mother with my children. This morning I slipped out of the house before anyone else was awake and walked until I came to my favourite spot. Just down a country lane, between two huge gnarled oak trees is an old wooden gate leading into a field. The field is backed by trees on the cusp of changing colour and I feel completely alone and at peace here. I like to climb up onto the gate and watch the sun rise over the hills. This morning the sun was almost orange as it rose and the moon was still full, transparent and silver, behind me. I sat on the gate, watched rabbits bounce across the field and as I breathed in and exhaled, it was as though I was breathing in union with Source. After a while I felt ready to come home and embrace the day ahead and the tumbling, excitable children that light up my day and leave me feeling exhausted by bedtime. Onwards.... 

No comments: