Monday 10 November 2008

buy nothing month: day ten

It's day ten of Buy Nothing Month and we ate soup for lunch (again). Trying to remain calm and optimistic in face of depleting food stocks - at least we have a gazillion squashes in all shapes and sizes that can be put to many different uses - bread, soups, stews, cakes etc, etc.
I have looked through the waste that we have accrued and discovered that it is all plastic packaging - bags for lentils, muesli, pasta etc. I am going to email each of the manufacturers and ask them if they have any advice on what I can do with it. I'll let you know how I get on!
All our lovely subscribers will have received the latest copy of The Green Parent magazine in the last couple of days and it goes on sale in shops later in the week. I'm really pleased with all the juicy editorial in this issue from how to make edible Christmas pressies to a fabulous article on celebrating ageing, rather than trying to hide behind expensive creams. It's certainly helped me be kinder to my reflection in the mornings!

No comments: