Thursday 27 November 2008

new moon in sagittarius

Just wanted to share a quick post on today's new moon which is in the sign of Sagittarius. Both the sun and the new moon are in the same sign so it will be a warm fiery time with plenty of optimism floating around. It's a great time to begin projects that are focused on spiritual or educational endeavours. 
However, it is also a time to shine a light on the truth as Sagittarius embraces honesty. It provides the chance to listen to our own truth and to hear what others have to say without judgement. The power of Sagittarius can help us see past our own limitations, let down defences that block the light and help us to realise new adventures and explore new pastures. It is after all the sign of travel and exploration. At this time of year I plan to use this as a focus for inner travel and exploration as the wheel of the year is in its darkest phase.
Today I have done some really useful emotional clearing and felt really in tune with my need to look after myself during the new moon. I sought and found solace in a large mug of peppermint tea, a big blanket and the chance to sew tiny chicken finger puppets as gifts. Bliss!
Wishing you a joyful and optimist exploration of your inner truth.

5 comments:

Tamsin said...

Just a quick comment regarding the latest issue of the Green Parent; I love the magazine and really enjoy reading, but the latest installment has a recipe for coconut ice, which includes condensed milk - as far as I'm aware, pretty much the only way one can get this is to buy Nestle products, and as a committed breastfeeder, I really prefer not to support their company given their trading habits regarding formula milk and so on. I'd love to know of any alternatives that any Green Parent staff or readers may have come across, though.

Melissa Corkhill said...

Good point Tamsin,
Thanks for your comment. The choc fudge recipe in the latest issue contains condensed milk. We support the Nestle boycott in The Green Parent magazine and therefore advise that you look for alternative brands such as Northern Foods or Danish company Arla. I cannot vouch for the ethical credentials of either of these companies however. Arla was implicated in the Chinese baby milk scandal for example.
I would use organic cream or soya cream in place of this.
Hope this helps and thanks for bringing this to my attention. In future I will avoid publishing recipes with ingredients like this as quite apart from the ethics, it is not supportive of good health whichever company its produced by.
All best wishes,
Melissa

rae-ann said...

Tamsin, you can make your own condensed milk by adding 1 1/4 cups sugar to 1 cup of evaporated milk. Heat until the sugar is dissolved.

When I see it written like that it makes me realise just how sweet condensed milk is!!

Tamsin said...

Oooh, thanks - good leads there, and I'm chuffed to hear that you take the Nestle boycott seriously. :)

Smegely said...

Thanks so much for this discussion. I've been searching the web for ages to find an alternative to buying Nestle's condensed milk.