Monday 24 November 2008

six interesting things

I've been tagged by the lovely Mrs Green at My Zero Waste (thanks Rae!) and asked to write six interesting things about myself but since this blog is ostensibly about the office in which I work I'll post three things about the company and three things about me. 
1. This magazine was conceived in a small cottage on a Cornish cliff. We were on a winter holiday with our two very small beans and wanted to create a way in which we could home educate, live and work together and grow our family relationships. Jez is into design, I love to write - perfect combo!
2. We work out of a spare room at home - this means having to be very disciplined to leave work behind at the end of the day. I am descended from a long line of workaholics so have to be very careful!
3. in the last year we have been featured on the BBC news, in The Observer, Guardian and lots of glossy magazines, including Woman and Home and Eve. We haven't won any awards yet but we think what we are doing is pretty special and unique so maybe one day we will.
4. I love to sing and got offered a recording contract when I was a teenager. Now, when I sing at home, everyone leaves the building.
5. Before having babies, I used to work for a multi-national company on the Kings Road in Chelsea and hang out with meed-ya types. I swapped all that for wellies and chicken poo and have never been happier.
6. I have itchy feet and am always ready to move onto something new. Sometimes it involves gypsy caravans, sometimes Spanish olive groves. My current dream is to live in a yurt in the middle of a wood. I also want to set up a moon lodge for all the wonderful women in my life, and my daughters when they are older.

1 comment:

rae-ann said...

:D thanks for taking part - I didn't know if you would rise to the challenge. It was lovely to read your list. Working from home must take a lot of discipline, but has so many positive benefits I should think :)
I think it's great that you have been featured in so many places and please, I'd like to book my place for your moon lodge ;) It sounds divine......